Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Systems Manager
The Applications Analyst assists the Director of Technology and Systems Manager with support of company’s enterprise resource planning system (ERP), and is primarily responsible for all system information output. Support the Network Administrator with some hardware and networking issues, as well as client information technology challenges. Administer company’s information deployed via web browser. This position’s primary purpose is to manage and properly deploy the company’s information resources in the most efficient manner possible, thereby optimizing the productivity of all users and enabling management to make timely, accurate and informed decisions.
- Two-year degree strongly preferred, with emphasis in information systems-related coursework.
- Professional certifications related to programming or report-writing desired.
- At least four years’ experience with information systems.
- Proficient report-writing skills, especially with Crystal Reports.
- Extensive experience with coding in SQL. Strong familiarity with views and stored procedures is required.
- ERP database familiarity with emphasis on operating within a Microsoft environment.
- Familiarity with computer hardware, operating systems, network administration and website maintenance is preferred.
- Requires sound written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate proficiently to a non-technical audience.
- Strong problem solving skills needed for timely resolution of IS issues.
- Demonstrate a powerful sense of internal customer service and strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission and vision.
- Proficiency is required in the following areas:
- Crystal Reports
- SQL Programming
- Microsoft Office 2007 Suite (including MS Access)
- Familiarity is preferred in the following areas:
- Internet information services
- Microsoft Exchange
- Remote network access software (i.e. Citrix, web client deployment)
- LAN/WAN administration
- Anti-virus/anti-spam hardware and software
- VoIP telephony
- Digital video surveillance systems
- Bar-coding and scanning systems
- Oversee the conversion of corporate data into practical information, including but not limited to the following methods:
- Design and maintenance of Crystal Reports.
- Utilization of SQL to design views and stored procedures that supplement and support corporate software.
- Design and maintenance of data dashboards to provide quick, easily-digestible, high-level information.
- Assist with maintenance and administration of corporate information deployed via web browser; direct further development and extended functionality for both internal and external customers.
- Oversee maintenance (i.e. application of patch sets, support for user needs, review error logs and submission of issues to vendor’s Support Desk) and simple customization of company ERP.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Remain vigilant in the pursuit and presentation of process improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
Regional Sales Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
This position reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for executing a successful sales strategy, providing world-class customer service, increasing market share and generating profitable revenue within an assigned geography. This is an industry consulting role focused on delivering technical insight, products and services for the fast-growing craft brewing industry. The role requires initiative, organizational skills and willingness to travel throughout the assigned region, while working in a collaborative team environment with the operations, finance, contracts, shipping and marketing departments. The individual should have experience in the brewing industry, a history of sales and marketing success and be equipped to work in a virtual environment.
- 3 - 6 years experience in sales with a proven track record managing and growing revenue and profitability.
- Strong business acumen, a detail orientation and excellent communication skills.
- Contract and pricing negotiation skills
- Positive attitude, optimism and the ability handle adversity with poise and grace
- The ability to work individually and as part of cross functional teams
- Microsoft Office suite skills
- Brewing experience or home brewing background (minimum 1 year)
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Travel extensively throughout the region to build relationships with new and existing customers.
- Coordinate sales activities and represent Yakima Chief – Hopunion LLC at association meetings, trade shows and brew festivals.
- Work directly with select strategic partners to expand sales and execute on channel strategy.
- Participate in Hop & Brew School, industry events and the hop selection process conducted in Yakima Washington during harvest.
- Communicate with customers to facilitate the sale of hop products, lab analysis services and downstream extract products.
- Address complaints, special requests and respond to contract inquiries.
- Work directly with customers to explore forward contracting options, volume discounts and formulate multi-year hop contracts.
- Communicate new product opportunities, industry trends and customer feedback to appropriate company staff.
- Develop and execute a sales and relationship management strategy for the territory.
- Work with sales and marketing staff to iniate creative marketing and promotional plans.
- Proactively seek continued education for the beer and hop varieties, brewing techniques and downstream extract products.
- Enter activities in the company CRM (customer relationship management) tool and update customer information as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager or his designee.
Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly
Reports To: Pellet Plant Manager
Employee performs skilled maintenance, installation, repair and inspection work on complex refrigeration equipment.
- Experienced in ammonia refrigeration maintenance and trouble-shooting electrical and PLC control systems
- Practiced in safe work habits
- Team player with obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
- Self-starters dedicated to continuous quality improvement
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Able to safely replace mechanical and electrical components including motors, motor starters, switches, solenoids, pumps, refrigeration valves, and compressors
- Able to respond to unplanned breakdowns with a sense of urgency and
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting techniques.
- Fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration system, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment.
- Lift and align components into position, using hoist or block and tackle.
- Drill holes and install mounting brackets and hangers into floor and walls of building.
- Insulate shells and cabinets of systems.
- Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
- Confer with department supervision or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
- Meet with department supervisor and team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Work in conjunction with Lean Manufacturing Principles in the Pellet Plant.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May be asked to participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Follow all instructions from the Manager, shift supervisor and/or assistant supervisor.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Manager’s designee.
Yakima Chief-Hopunion seeks to recruit a full-time Logistics Manager. This position is responsible for management and oversight of company logistics including shipping of finished product to customer and company storage facilities globally, receipt of purchased products internationally, and efficient movement of products internally.
- BS/BA degree preferred (preferably in Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management or Business Management).
- Past experience in manufacturing environment with responsibility for logistics.
- Firm understanding of manufacturing and distribution processes.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles and processes, and a passion for continuous improvement preferred.
- Experience in shipping, both domestic and international, and/or supply chain management.
- Prior experience negotiating with vendors.
- Understanding and following the product life cycle process.
- Excellent communication skills (strong verbal and written required).
- Customer service skills.
- Travel may be required.
- Leadership and teamwork skills.
- Interpersonal skills (ability to effectively work with all levels from hourly to management).
- Time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Provide management and oversight to all company shipping and transportation logistics.
- Analyze current shipping and transportation costs for the purpose of achieving optimal efficiency.
- Ensure that finished products get to customer in a timely and accurate manner.
- Negotiate with shipping and transportation vendors to get greatest value for the company.
- Work with Supply Chain Manager and other company personnel to make sure product shipping schedule aligns with production planning.
- Hire and manage personnel necessary to provide efficient shipping and logistics for the company.
- Maintain SOPs, perform routine maintenance to insure system integrity.
- Ensure all manufacturing procedures comply with government and ISO standards for food safety and quality.
- Engage in LEAN and continuous improvement initiatives to improve costs and efficiency throughout our logistics and transportation processes.
- Manage shipping and logistics for all company locations including Asia, Europe, North America and South America.
- Assist finance and sales with inventory accounting when necessary.
- Assure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Notify your supervisor if you identify or recommend ways to improve process efficiency.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.