Marketing AssociateClassification: Full time, Non-exempt, Hourly
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide support in daily marketing activities.Qualifications:
- Associate of Arts degree, required. Bachelor of Science, with an emphasis on Marketing, preferred.
- Must possess creative skill.
- Three plus years of direct Marketing experience.
- Excellent mathematical, communication and computer skills, be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
- Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel).
- Familiarity with the following programs, is preferred:
- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Constant Contact, HootSuite, website management platforms.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
- Minimum of six months related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policies and quality policies.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes.
- Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
- Operate the following systems: Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop,InDesign)
- Update and maintain customer contact information in numerous marketing databases.
- Update and maintain current advertising contracts.
- Assist in the design of new digital/print advertisements.
- Assist in the design and creation of internal sales documents.
- Assist in the preparation of new material for the company website.
- Organize and manage advertising events for the company.
- Research and design new promotional items for e-commerce outlets.
- Maintain the company merchandise.
- Communicate with customers via phone, email and social media or in person through event sponsorships while maintaining outstanding customer service.
- Carry and move equipment for the department as needed.
- Confer with department supervision or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
- Meet with department supervisor and team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Maintain a sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May be required to actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Must have a complete understand of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Follow all instructions from the Manager, shift supervisor and/or assistant supervisor.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or his designee.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
To apply, please e-mail a copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Marketing Associate Application."