Production Operations Support
Reports To: Pellet Production Manager
Classification: Exempt, Salary
Location: Sunnyside, WA
This position provides support and assistance for the operations department. It will focus on optimizing quality, efficiency, throughput, warehouse/refrigeration functionality, and materials inventory/traceability. It will also support company safety goals and values while providing environmental stewardship and ensuring customer satisfaction in addition to providing support as needed to pellet plant and cold storage facilities that are essential in the production and storage of premium quality hops for use in brewing. Additional duties as assigned by the operations management team.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with manufacturing processes and maintenance/operations
- Bilingual Spanish, preferred
- Experience and/or understanding of the brewing process is a plus
- Understanding of Lean Principles is a plus
- Pre-hire drug screening required
- Improve the inventory system for packaging materials, spare parts, and other consumables used by the operations department. Support the tracking of production quantities and bill of materials.
- Perform/track maintenance and troubleshoot mechanical/refrigeration problems for cold storage warehouses.
- Provide support and feedback in the creation and revising of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Increase production while maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
- Support departmental goals and objectives; Identify resource requirements; track expenses and report to management
- Review and evaluate program documentation deliverables for completeness and accuracy;
- Conduct post-implementation review and communicate results to facilitate learning
- Support and facilitate general maintenance, preventative maintenance, and maintenance records
- Participate in Safety Committee Meetings
- Facilitate and support ISO 9001 & 14001 Internal Audits, Continuous Improvement, Corrective Action and Accident Investigation
- Work closely with management to support Pellet Plant Processing, Quality, Sustainability and Food Safety initiatives
- Notify your supervisor if you identify or recommend ways to improve process efficiency.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Manager or his designee.